Sunday, September 4, 2011

Contributions Part 1

Along with this blog, I've also been contributing articles for Invade Nola. Below are previews of those articles:

3 Underrated Movies You Could Be Watching On Netflix

If the recent announcement of increased fees for Netflix users wanting both DVD and streaming services hasn’t pushed you into a boycott, chances are you’re a major movie nerd. As a fellow movie nerd, I enjoy giving people viewing recommendations, and appreciate some being given to me (as long as the words Michael Bay aren’t involved, of course). Recently, I watched three films that, in one way or another, could be considered “underrated”, and I would consider “entertaining”. So, if you are looking for something to watch that may be outside of your comfort zone, I have a few recommendations that you may want to add to your queue (if you still have one) Continue Reading

N.O. Dollar Theatres

I was recently reminded of an old local tv commercial I once saw. In this commercial, a man rummages his home for loose change; under and in the couch, behind the fridge, in the laundry, etc. By the end of his search, holding a few bucks in change, He announces, “We’re goin’ to the movies tonight”. After reminiscing on this, I wondered; when was the last time anybody in the New Orleans area was able to go to the movies with a handful of pocket change? Continue Reading


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts